Times are approximate and subject to change at the Chair’s discretion.
|7:00||Call to Order
Sign in link distributed
Adoption of agenda
Adoption of last meeting’s minutes
|Review of last week’s action items|
|Electoral Research & Recruitment Priority Report
Valerie T. to present
|Educator Forum Report
Shaun to present
|Coalition Corner: Coalition Updates
Shaun to present
Tiffany to start discussion
|October General Body Meeting Roles/Script
Aimee to start discussion
|Other Actions & Proposals
Chair: Aimee H.
Notetaker: Jesser S.
- 7:05 PM: Meeting called to order.
- Minnie moves to adopt the agenda. Shaun seconds.
- Tiffany motions to amend agenda. Minnie seconds.
- Jackie motions to amend the agenda. Seconded.
- Newly amended agenda is adopted at 7:11 PM.
- Tiffany motions to adopt last meeting’s minutes. Anthony seconds.
- Last meeting’s minutes adopted at 7:12 PM.
- 7:12 PM: Last meeting’s action items.
- Tiffany is done with uploading the progress residential list.
- Minnie reached out to Jesse from IATSE.
- General body meeting agenda is completed.
- Mike has sent resolutions and monthly meeting agenda to the general body.
- 7:16 PM: Educator Forum Report
- Shaun presents.
- Shaun says that the forum went well.
- Forum attendees recommended that we use back-to-school solidarity money for mutual aid.
- Shaun suggests we keep putting pressure on school board meetings.
- 7:22 PM: Coalition Corner: Coalition Updates
- Shaun presents.
- Reproductive justice march was a great success.
- Next Monday we will have an event with the Nevada Housing Justice Alliance.
- NEJC hires a new organizer. Meeting will be set with them.
- Paul John says they will touch base with animal sanctuary.
- Jackie suggests coalition corner should be done at the general body meeting. Shaun agrees.
- 7:28 PM: Treasurer Report
- Aimee presents the treasurer report.
- 7:29 PM: Electoral Research & Recruitment Priority Report
- Valerie presents.
- Candidates will be found, then races will be investigated.
- Fundraising will be separate from a candidate’s campaigns.
- Research on candidates will be done in future committee meetings.
- Town hall with Amy Vilela will be preferably set close to the meeting when the vote will be taken. December is the reasonable month for an endorsement vote.
- Tiffany is preparing an endorsement application. Endorsement application should be made available to our general membership by our Thursday meeting.
- Minnie suggests we have education on electoral politics happening in the chapter. Valerie agrees there should be training.
- Anthony explains the endorsement process.
- 7:42 PM: November Calendar
- Tiffany presents.
- The October calendar is settled.
- Tiffany suggests steering committee meeting dates for the month of November.
- Jackie suggests a date for November’s New Member Orientation.
- Aimee suggests Holiday Solidarity should take place the weekend before Thanksgiving.
- 7:47 PM: October General Body Meeting Roles/Script
- Roles are assigned and the script document is made.
- 8:01 PM: Steering committee enters executive session.
- 9:33 PM: Steering committee exits executive session.
- 9:34 PM: Alvin brings up setting up a Spoke for the upcoming monthly meeting.
- Jackie, Tiffany, and Minnie volunteer to help with texting through Spoke.
- 9:35 PM: Anthony brings up a legal form that we need to fill out related to impacting elections.
- Anthony ideally wants the form to be submitted the week of this SC meeting.
- 9:39 PM: Tiffany motions to adjourn. Motion is seconded. Meeting is adjourned.