- Doors Open (6:15)
- Call to Order (6:30)
- Community Guidelines, Membership, & Voting
- Adoption of the Agenda and Approval of previous (November 21) Minutes
- Officer Reports
- Co-Chair – Dylan S.
- Co-Chair – James P.
- Secretary – Kara H.
- Treasurer – Lourdes E.
- Communications – Jessie P.
- Education – Richard V.
- Grievance Officer – Tamara T.
- Committee/Subcommittee Reports (6:40)
- Medicare for All
- Agit Prop
- Political Education (6:50)
- Training – Crowd Canvassing (7:00)
- Misc/Public Comment (7:20)
- Adjourn (7:30)
The regular monthly meeting of the Las Vegas chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America was held on Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 6:30 PM at the Clark County Library.
Agenda for December 19th General Meeting was approved.
Co-Chair, Dylan S, introduces new board members: Jessie P and Kara H. He mentions that DSA is looking towards long term goals, namely: increasing DSA turnout, expand membership of the DSA chapter.
- Comrades Spotlight: Kris Dipaolo. Room claps as he walks through the door. Shocked.
Co-Chair, James, introduces himself.
Sec Kara – not here.
Treasurer, Lourdes E., says there are $169 dollars in our budget. Passes around donation bucket.
Comms Chair Jessie – reintroduces herself.
Education Chair, Richard, mentions that once a month there is an education event at the Happy Earth Market. Next one is January 11th.
Grievance Officer – Tamara – introduces herself. She deals with any complaints/issues within the chapter. The email to the grievance officer is: email@example.com
Gavin, subcommittee chair for Medicare For All, in 2020: will be organizing for M4All in Congressional District 4. Will be organizing health fairs to make contact within CD4.
- Debt relief options: Dawn with the DEBT COLLECTIVE. There will be a debt clinic at M4All committee health fairs. Mariah — a GoFundMe has been started for medical expenses.
Electoral Subcommittee – working on Bernie. Caucus Trainings are most Saturdays and Sundays at the Leftist Garage. Some trainings have been cancelled for the holidays. Canvass events are now also being held at Caucus Trainings.
AgitProp – AgitProp meeting has been rescheduled to Tuesday, January 28th. Focus is to create art propaganda for the Revolution. Planning on meeting with committee chairs to discuss AgitProp material for each committee’s goals.
(6:54) Richard – Political Education: video on liberalism v socialism. Video of Fred Hampton on fighting capitalism with socialism.
Co-Chair James P. starts training on crowd canvassing. This Saturday, DSA will be crowd canvassing Bernie rally w/AOC. Member ask: help DSA crowd canvass this rally, focus on signing people up for DSA, go to committee meetings, and becoming dues paying members. Gavin will be the pointperson for Saturday’s canvassing.