November 30th, 2023 Steering Committee Meeting
November 30, 2023
December GBM Special Election (12/7): Ash M.
Announce candidates: Only Jesser and James were nominated.
Members submit questions for candidates (11/23): None yet.
Candidate Questionnaires: Sent to candidates. Will be done by Monday and sent out to members.
Possible candidate town hall if contested elections (11/30): Not needed
Mutual Aid Steward Nominations: None so far.
SC Portfolio Updates & Questions
Having issues with cards. They were canceled.
Ash: Making sure people get added into Slack – who is in charge of this? post-NMO
Request to send out email about event re: NEJC.
Person from Yes on 3 wants to come and talk about RCV.
Roy: Could be good.
Jesser: Not opposed.
Huge turnout at the Palestine Liberation event at Madhouse. Lorenzita gathered sign ups. Teach-in coming up rather than protest.
Jesser: PoliEd events – Status?
Ash: We should cancel. Unless someone wants to do it.
Holiday Solidarity Phone banks coming up. Every Monday until the December event.
Housing canvas pushed to mid January.
Ash: Are you OK with updating LVDSA Google Calendar?
Roy: I can check it and try to keep it updated.
Ash: I will try as well.
Comms going OK. Checking events and posting on socials.
Ash: Who is working on graphics?
Jesser: Willing to try and practice.
Shannon: Could start working with Canva more.
Should we post only 1 image on IG every day? Partner posts everyday means the whole feed becomes just about partners.
Shaun: Up to you. OK to post more.
Roy: Use stories for some posts instead.
Ash: Maybe talk to Rahman and Justin?
December special election
Ash: Should we have someone outside SC be in charge of ballots? Maybe Tiffany?
Roy: Would be for the best. Someone might complain otherwise.
Person from Yes on 3 re: RCV
Back to All Meeting Minutes